- Lasky T, Terracciano GJ, Magder L, et al. The Guillain-Barre syndrome and the 1992- 1993 and 1993-1994 influenza vaccines. N Engl J Med 1998; 339(25): 1797-1802.
- Hannoun C, Megas F, Piercy J. Immunogenicity and protective efficacy of influenza vaccination. Virus Res 2004; 103:133-138.
- Hobson D, Curry RL, Beare A, et. al. The role of serum hemagglutinin-inhibiting antibody in protection against challenge infection with influenza A2 and B viruses. J Hyg Camb 1972; 767-777.
FLUAD is supplied in the product presentation listed below:
|Presentation||Carton NDC Number||Components|
|Pre-Filled Syringe||70461-020-03||0.5 mL dose in a pre-filled syringe (needle not supplied), package of 10 syringes per carton [NDC 70461-020-04]|
Store FLUAD refrigerated at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F). Protect from light. Do not freeze. Discard if the vaccine has been frozen. Do not use after expiration date.
The syringe, syringe plunger stopper and tip cap are not made with natural rubber latex.
- Inform vaccine recipients of the potential benefits and risks of immunization with FLUAD.
- Educate vaccine recipients regarding the potential side effects. Clinicians should emphasize that (1) FLUAD contains non-infectious particles and cannot cause influenza and (2) FLUAD is intended to help provide protection against illness due to influenza viruses only, and cannot provide protection against other respiratory illnesses.
- Instruct vaccine recipients to report adverse reactions to their healthcare provider and/or to Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) at 1-800-822-7967 and www.vaers.hhs.gov. Provide vaccine recipients with the Vaccine Information Statements which are required by the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986. These materials are available free of charge at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website (www.cdc.gov/vaccines).
- Inform vaccine recipients that annual vaccination is recommended.
FLUAD is a registered trademark of Seqirus UK Limited or its affiliates. MF59® is a trademark of Novartis AG.
Manufactured by: Seqirus Inc., 475 Green Oaks Parkway, Holly Springs, NC 27540, USA
Distributed by: Seqirus USA Inc., 25 Deforest Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901, USA Tel: 1-855-358-8966
US License No. 2049
For adults 65 years of age and older
For Intramuscular Injection Only
Ten 0.5 mL, single-dose, pre-filled syringes
Influenza Vaccine,Adjuvanted FLUAD ®
2020 – 2021 Formula
|FLUAD influenza vaccine, adjuvanted injection, suspension|
|Labeler — Seqirus, Inc. (080102141)|
Revised: 10/2020 Seqirus, Inc.
VxLabels.com provides trustworthy package insert and label information about marketed drugs and vaccines as submitted by manufacturers to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Package information is not reviewed or updated separately by VxLabels.com. Every individual vaccine label and package insert entry contains a unique identifier which can be used to secure further details directly from the U.S. National Institutes of Health and/or the FDA.